You may cancel your order without penalty prior to shipping. If you cancel an order after we have shipped, or refuse delivery for any reason, we will refund the price of the merchandise minus shipping charges, return freight charges and a 20% restocking fee.
If livestock is rejected for any reason there will be no refund.
We work from a live inventory system which that if you see that it is available; it is here in our facility. Mistakes in inventory do happen from time to time and so some items in your order may not actually be available at the time of your purchase. Invoices will be adjusted to reflect accurate inventory and refunds will be issued immediately.
We do not backorder out of stock items because we have found that this is easier for both parties. Any items that are not in stock will need to be reordered.
Reef Wholesale will not substitute any livestock or dry good item(s) without our customer's approval. If an item is out of stock, one of our associates will contact you by either phone or email to discuss options with alternative products.
Weather Related Delays:
As we have no control over the weather, Reef Wholesale is not responsible for delayed shipments or any consequent loss due to the transit route or final destination experiencing severe climate conditions. Please check your local forecast before placing an order, especially if you are interested in livestock. In order to protect all interests, we reserve the right to postpone livestock shipments if adverse weather is forecast for shipment destinations.
Damaged in Transit:
In the unlikely event that your shipment arrives damaged, please file a damage report with the carrier or indicate the damage on the waybill before signing or accepting the product. Please contact us as soon as possible. We will assist you in filing a damage claim with the carrier. Please hold onto both the damaged items(s) and packaging material for inspection for 7 business days from the date you report the damage. Reef Wholesale is not liable for the damaged goods but will work collaboratively with you and the carrier to resolve problem.
Postponement of Livestock Shipments:
Reef Wholesale will always base the decision to ship a livestock order on animal health and safety, and as such we reserve the right to postpone or cancel livestock shipments for any reason. If the determination is made to postpone shipment of an order, we will always use whatever information is provided to us by our customers to communicate the change in schedule. For this, we strongly advise that a cell phone number is included with every purchase and that email is checked the day and evening before a scheduled delivery date.
Order postponement reasons include but are not limited to:
- Severe weather forecast for a shipment destination or en route shipping hub – Weather reports are consulted daily at www.weather.com to determine the safety of shipping a livestock order. Even if a weather forecast turns out to be wrong, predicted conditions such as extreme cold or heat, freezing rain, strong wind advisories, heavy rain or snow, ice, tornado warnings etc. may cause shipments to be delayed.
- Notification from airlines that one or more shipping hubs are back logged due to prior severe weather – If planes cannot land or take off, it is common for packages to backlog in their respective hubs. Even when the skies have cleared, it can still take a few days for airlines to get caught up. In this case, airline may issue a communiqué advising its customers that the guarantee for on-time deliveries will be suspended until normal operations resume. This information will likely cause livestock shipments to be postponed until notice is given that the back log is cleared.
- A livestock item does not appear fit for travel on the day of shipment and no suitable substitutes are available – Livestock is evaluated the day it is to be shipped. If an item does not appear 100% healthy, we will contact the customer with options to hold the order until a replacement is available, to substitute the item for something different, or to ship the order without the item in question.
Pricing & Policy:
- Prices, policies and procedures are subject to change without notice.
- Mislabeled prices will not be honoured. The buyer will accept any price correction or the order will be cancelled without penalty.
For the rare occurrence in which the livestock you ordered does not arrive, it is important that you be familiar with the terms and conditions of our guarantee.
Terms and Conditions:
- Please DO NOT discard the deceased item without authorization. Doing so will void all guarantees.
- For Dead On Arrival (DOA) items, we must be notified via email within 12 hours of the flights arrival.
- A high resolution, digital photograph must be submitted within 24 hours for any covered livestock loss.
- We do not issue credit for shipping costs or refunds for livestock purchases.
- Livestock credit is valid for one year from the date it is issued.
- Livestock credit may be used to replace a lost item or any against any livestock purchase.
- Livestock listed as a Restricted Species are not covered.
- For domestic flights, we use WestJet and CargoJet depending on your location and flight availability, rates are dependent on location. (Arrive alive guaranteed)
- We use FedEx Overnight Priority for shipping ground to specific places without flight options. (Excluded from the arrive alive guaranteed policy)
- If a delivery is refused for any reason, the customer will be held liable for the full cost of the invoice.
- Weather related delays, mechanical failure etc. which result in loss will not be covered.